As you would expect, Xiaomi has made it very easy to set up a Xiaomi account through a Xiaomi phone.
To setup your Xiaomi account on a Xiaomi phone, follow these steps:
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch Settings . Note: Step 1 – 3 shows you how to get to the Xiaomi Account screen via Settings. If you access the same screen via the initial setup, kindly skip to Step 4.
- Next, tap General Settings and follow by + Add account.
- On the Add an account screen, tap Xiaomi.
- On the Xiaomi Account screen, tap Create an account.
- Next, select Sign up via phone (recommended) and tap Next.
- Enter the password you want to use 2 times and tap Next.
- On the Send text message prompt, tap OK.
- Next, you should see an Account created dialog box telling you that the phone number has been bound with this account. And you can now use it to sign in to Mi Cloud.
Note: The above steps were tested using a Redmi running on Android 4.2.2 firmware.
How to sign in Mi Cloud using the created Xiaomi account ?
Now that you’ve created a Xiaomi account on your Xiaomi phone. You can use this account to login the web based Mi Cloud. Here’s how:
- Go to https://i.xiaomi.com/ and sign in using your phone number as the username and the password you’ve entered above.
Once you’ve logged in, you can now bind an email to this account. By doing so, you can use both your phone number or email address as your username. Isn’t it easier to remember an email than a phone number ?
- Click the on the phone number at the top right corner, and select My account.
- Next, click the Bind link beside Mail.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to enter, verify and bind your email address to this account.
- Once it’s done, you can now use the email address as username.