Instead of upgrading the firmware over the air, you can do it using PC Companion. Here’s how:
- Install and launch PC Companion on your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC with the USB data cable.
- If there’s a new firmware, you’ll see the “new software is now available” prompt. Click the Update button to start the update guide.
- On the Start tab, you’ll see some information regarding this firmware upgrade. Click the Accept button to continue.
- Now, the download and installation will begin. Note: Do not disconnect your phone from the PC while PC Companion is downloading and installing the new firmware .
- Once the update completes, disconnect and turn on your phone as per the on-screen instructions shown on the Finish tab.
- Lastly, click the Finish button to close PC Companion.
Note: I’ve tried both Over-the-air and PC Companion methods. The former method is much quicker.