You can follow these steps to setup Hotmail/Live email account using Exchange ActiveSync on your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Tap Add account in your stock email client Settings.
- On the Set up email screen, enter your username, password and tap Manual setup.
- On the Add email account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- On the Exchange server settings screen, you should have the following fields filled. Once done, tap Next to continue.
- Email address: Your full Hotmail address
- Domain\username: \Your full Hotmail address
- Password: Your Hotmail password.
- Exchange server: m.hotmail.com
- Select Use secure connection (SSL) checkbox.
- If you see a warning prompt, tap Ok to continue.
- On the Account options screen, you can customize the sync settings. Once done, tap Next.
- And lastly on the Set up email screen, enter an unique account name and tap Done.
Note: At the time of writing this guide, the bug of unable to change the display name on emails sent from your phone using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync still unresolved. For more info. read this thread.