You can quickly transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S3 using the iTunes software. The steps below show you how to do it.
But, before you begin, it’s recommended to make a backup of all the contacts to avoid any mistake causing data loss.
Note: The steps below are tested using the latest iTunes 11 – at least it is at the time of writing this guide.
i. Syncing iPhone Contacts with Google Contacts
- On your iPhone, if you have contacts sync with iCloud turned on, then you need to first turn it off.
- When you turn off contact sync, you’ll be prompted to choose if you want to keep the contacts on your iPhone. Tap Keep on My iPhone.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the PC that has the iTunes software.
- On the iTunes, click the iPhone icon on the upper right corner.
- Next, click the Info tab.
- Here, check the Sync Contacts with option, and then select Google Contacts.
- If you’re prompted for confirmation, just click Switch.
- On the Google Contact window, enter your Google ID, Password and click OK.
- Click Apply and the sync process will begin.
- Once completed, log into your Google Contacts and you should see the list of contacts being copied over successfully.
- On the iTunes, uncheck Sync Contacts with to disable contacts sync with Google.
ii. Sign in your Samsung Galaxy S3 using your Gmail account.
When you turn on your Galaxy S3 for the first time, you’ll be prompted to complete the initial setup which includes signing in with your Gmail ID.
Well, if you’ve skipped that sign in, below are the steps to show you how to get the Gmail sign-in screen.
- On your Galaxy S3, go to home Settings > Add account.
- On the Add account screen, tap Google.
- Next, tap Existing.
- On the Sign in screen, enter your Gmail, password and then tap the next icon.
- Once you’ve entered the username and password correctly, continue with the on screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once completed, the contacts of the Gmail account should appear on your Galaxy S3.