If you’ve multiple accounts on the stock Email app, and would like to create a (home screen) shortcut for each one of those, then there are actually quite a number of ways to do that.
But for this post, I’ll be showing you only 2 methods which I’ve been using.
Using Email widget
- In the application list, select Widgets tab.
- Scroll left or right on the widget panel to find the 1 x1 Email account widget.
- Tap and drag the 1 x1 Email account widget to a home screen.
- Now, you’ll get a prompt to select an email account. Pick one and you’re done.
- Tapping this icon/widget on the home screen will bring you straight to that particular account inbox.
Using Icon Changer
If your phone has already installed with the Icon Changer Free app, you can use it to create a customized shortcut for each of your email accounts.
Note: This guide assumes you’ve already installed with the Icon Changer Free app.
- Launch the Icon Changer free and tap the Android logo (in the centre) to select the activity or application.
- To create a customized shortcut for an email account, select Email account.
- Then select the email account you would like to create a shortcut.
- By default, the standard email icon will be used. If you would like to change it to something else, tap the Email icon.
- Select IconPack.
- Select the Icon package that you would like to choose the new icon from.
- Select a new icon image and tap OK to generate a shortcut on the home screen.