Just because you can’t find the option that allows you to delete all contacts at once on iPhone, doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
Using either iTunes or iCloud, you can wipe out all the contacts on iPhone in less than 5 minutes.
How to use iTunes to delete all contacts on iPhone ?
The steps below are tested using iOS 6 and iTunes 10.7.0.21. As of writing this guide, these are the latest software.
- Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to PC using the USB data cable and then launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes under Devices, and then click Info.
- Now, check and uncheck Sync Contacts with to get the Remove Contacts window prompt. Click the Remove Contacts to clear all your contacts on your iPhone.
Note: If your iPhone contacts are currently syncing with iCloud, you should see this window prompt when you tick the Sync Contacts with checkbox. Just click OK.
How to use iCloud to delete all contacts on iPhone ?
You can only use this method if your iPhone contacts are currently syncing with iCloud.
- Visit and login to iCloud website.
- Select Contacts.
- Now, press Crtl + A to select all contacts.
- Click the Settings icon (located at the bottom) and select Delete.
- Click Delete if you’re prompted for a confirmation.
- In less then 30 seconds or so, all the contacts on your iPhone will be removed upon syncing with iCloud blank contact list.