Image credit: vivo.com.cn
Weight: 181g / Height: 161.50mm / Width: 74.40mm / Thickness: (blue & black) 8.68mm, (white) 8.78mm
2020 March (China)
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = ¥2698
8GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥2998
blue, white, black
6.44” 20:9 AMOLED display, FHD+ 2400×1800, 90.1% screen ratio
Back: 48MP (main, F1.79) + 8MP (ultrawide, F2.2) + 2MP (macro, 4cm focus distance, F2.4) + 2MP (depth, F2.4)
Front: 32MP (F2.08)
4500mAh, 18W fast charging
Processor: Exynos 980 / GPU: Mali-G76
Funtouch OS 10 (based Android 10)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, On-screen fingerprint sensor
ii. Features highlighted in the launch event
- The vivo S6, dubbed the “5G Selfie” phone, is the first phone with 5G capability in the S series.
- The S6 is powered by the Samsung Exynos 980 processor that supports dual-mode 5G (SA & NSA). With the combination of the 4G and 5G connections, the download speed can reach up to 3.5Gbps.
- The processor features two Cortex-A77 cores paired with six power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores to offer powerful processing performance.
- There’s also a built-in high performance NPU and DSP unit, offering 2.7 times the performance found on its predecessor.
- The AI computing power reaches 5TOPS, which is more than 5 trillion computing operations per second.
- The all-new Multi-Turbo 3.0 brings many updates and ensures fast app loading and smooth operations from many aspects.
- The phone packs a 32MP selfie camera that has a wider f/2.08 aperture, allowing more light to be captured. And, with the optimized Super Night Selfie algorithm and Selfie Softlight Band, the phone capable of stunning selfies even at low light environments.
- Around the back, there are four rear cameras consisting of a 48MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide shooter, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth sensor sitting on a circular camera module.
Image credit: vivo weibo
- For the first time, the phone supports recording videos with the front and back cameras at the same time. In addition, the front and back cameras also come with the EIS ultra-stable video recording function.
- 4K video recording is also possible on this phone.
- The phone comes with the “real-time back-to-ear” function letting you listen to your own singing voice. In addition, the vivo’s self-developed reverb, EQ, anti-howling, and noise reduction technologies can help to reduce noise introduced during the singing and increase the reverberation accordingly.
- The phone has also passed the Hi-Res sound quality certification, allowing you to enjoy an acoustic experience that is close to lossless sound quality.
- The vivo S6 has a 3D curved back, and it weighs only 181g, which is considerably light for a 5G phone.
- The phone comes in 3 colors: blue, white and black.
Image credit: vivo weibo
- The phone has an AMOLED display with a 103% NTSC color gamut and 1200000:1 high contrast ratio.
iii. Q and A
1. Does the vivo S6 display support HDR10+?
No. The display only supports HDR10.
2. Does the vivo S6 come with the Pose Master feature?
Yes. The phone has the Pose Master feature to help you to strike perfect poses for your selfies.
3. What’s the refresh rate of the S6 display?
The refresh rate of the display is 60Hz.
4. How long does it take to charge the vivo S6?
The phone supports 18W fast charging, and it will take about 1 hr 50 minutes to charge the 4500mAh to 100%.
5. How many card slots does the vivo S6 have?
The phone comes with 2 card slots for 2 SIM cards.
6. Does the phone come with a case?
Yes. The phone comes with a soft transparent case.