Image credit: www.honor.cn
Weight: 190g / Height: 162.31mm / Width: 75.0mm / Thickness: 8.58mm
2020 March (China)
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = ¥2399
8GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥2699
black, green, white
6.5” LCD display, FHD+ 2400×1080, 90.3% screen ratio,
Back: 64MP (main, F1.8) + 8MP (ultrawide, 120° FOV, F2.4) + 8MP (telephoto, 4cm focus distance, F2.4) + 2MP (macro, F2.4)
Zoom: 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, 20x digital zoom
Front: 16MP (F2.0)
4000mAh, 40W SuperCharge
Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 820 / GPU: Mali-G57
Magic UI 3.1.1 (based on Android 10)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, On-screen fingerprint sensor, NM memory card (up to 256GB)
ii. Features highlighted in the launch event
- The Honor 30S is the first smartphone to be powered by the Kirin 820 5G chipset, which offers 27% improved CPU performance, 38% improved GPU performance, and 73% improved AI performance.
Image credit: Honor 30S Launch Event
- At the same time, the Kirin 820 uses the same Kirin ISP 5.0 that was introduced in the flagship Kirin 990 processor. It supports Block-matching and 3D filtering (BM3D) DSLR-level image noise reduction and Dual-Domain video noise reduction to deliver sharp images and videos, even in low light environments.
- In terms of 5G, it also has the same capabilities of the Kirin 990 processor supporting both the SA and NSA networks and 5 frequency bands (n1, n3, n41, n78, and n79) of the 3 major operators.
- The phone also supports the 5G Smart Dual SIM feature, which allows you to access 5G data via SIM 1 and receive VoLTE calls via SIM 2 at the same time.
- The Link Turbo can combine Wi-Fi and mobile data connections to provide much faster and stable Internet speed for gaming and downloading.
- The Honor 30S packs a 4000mAh battery with 40W fast charging. It can safely (certified by TÜV Rheinland for safe fast charging) charge up to 70% in just 30 minutes.
- The Honor 30S continues to adopt the Honor 20S butterfly feather texture design.
- On the front, it has a 6.5-inch display with a hole punch housing the selfie camera in the upper left corner.
- The display supports HDR10 and is certified for low blue light.
- The 2.4mm ultra-narrow side-mounted fingerprint sensor is integrated on the power button for quick unlock.
- The phone comes in four colors: white, green, black, and red.
- The Honor 30S follows the Honor’s Matrix Camera design. The four cameras on the back include a 64MP primary lens, an 8MP telephoto lens delivering 3x optical zoom, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 2MP macro lens, offering 17mm to 80mm full focal range coverage.
Image credit: Honor 30S Launch Event
- The primary 64MP camera (with the help of the advanced AI processor) captures high definition photos, and would not lose any detail even when zoomed in.
- The 8MP telephoto camera supports 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, and 20x digital zoom to get you closer to the beauties without having you move physically.
- The 8MP ultrawide offers up to 2x greater field of view at 120-degree to fit more of the scenery in the same picture.
- The 2MP macro lens lets you explore tiny worlds from 4cm away.
- On the front, there’s a 16MP selfie camera that supports AI beautification and Portrait Super Night mode.
- For video recording, the phone supports AIS Intelligent Video 5-Axis Image Stabilization, 4K videos, and 960fps slow-motion videos.
iii. Common Questions
1. Does the Honor 30S come with a case?
Yes, the phone comes with a transparent case.
2. Does it come with a pre-applied screen protector out of the box?
Yes, the phone comes with a pre-applied screen protector.
3. How many watts of charging does the charger support?
The phone comes with a 40W charger.
4. What’s the back of the phone made of?
The phone comes with 3D dual-curved glass back.
5. How many card slots does the Honor 30S have?
The phone comes with two card slots. The first slot for a nano SIM card, and the second slot for either a nano SIM card or a nano storage card.
6. Does the Honor 30S support NFC and IR blaster?
The phone doesn’t support NFC, and it doesn’t have an IR sensor.
7. How long does it take to charge the Honor 30S?
The phone supports 40W fast charging. The battery can quickly charge up to 70% in just 30 minutes.
8. Does the phone have an FM radio?