Image credit: hinor.com
Weight: 202g / Height: 163.5mm / Width: 77.3mm / Thickness: 8.8mm
6GB RAM + 256GB storage = €249
Phantom Purple, Midnight Black
6.59” LCD display, FHD+ 2340p x 1080, 92% screen-to-body ratio
Back: 48MP (main, F1.8) + 8MP (ultrawide, FOV 120°, F2.4) + 2MP (depth, F2.4)
4,000mAh, 10W charging
Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 810 / GPU: Mali G52
EMUI 9.1 (based on Android 9)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, microSD card (up to 512GB)
ii. Features highlighted in the launch event
- The Honor 9X Pro is available in Phantom Blue and Midnight Black. Like the Honor 9X, the Phantom Blue features a reflective X pattern at the back.
- Compared to its predecessor 9X (has the Kirin 710 processor), the 9X Pro is powered by the highly optimized Huawei 7nm Kirin 810 processor that has an eight-core CPU and a dedicated NPU unit to offer 162% better performance.
- The processor is paired with 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. If you need more, the phone supports 512GB expandable storage .
- The Honor 9X Pro also comes with a dedicated Liquid Cooling system that will help to dissipate heat quickly by up to 5-degree celsius to sustain peak performance while gaming.
- Moving to the camera, the Honor 9X Pro has three cameras at the back, which include a 48MP main camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera for capturing a much greater field of view, and a 2MP depth sensor to support you with the bokeh and portrait photos.
- These cameras are supported by the upgraded pixel processing unit in the processor to offer better sharpness, clarity and white balance in your photos, and noise reduction in RAW image processing.
- Compared to the original 9X, the 9X Pro camera also has 4 times higher ISO range capability for better low-light photography. But, if you need better nighttime photos, the camera features an AIS Super Night Mode 2.0.
iii. Q and A
1. What’s the back of the Honor 9X Pro made of?
The back of the phone has a 3D curved glass panel.
2. Does the Honor 9X Pro ship with Google Mobile Services (GMS)?
No. The phone doesn’t come with GMS and you won’t find Google apps and services pre-installed. It will ship with the Huawei application store, HUAWEI AppGallery.
3. What’s the difference between Honor 9X and Honor 9X Pro?
The differences are the following:
|Honor 9X||Honor 9X Pro||Benefits|
|Processor||Kirin 710F||Kirin 810F||Better performance.|
|Processor: manufacturing Process||12nm||7nm||Better battery efficiency|
|Neural Processing Unit||No||Yes||Faster AI Performance|
|Camera||ISO 25600||ISO 102400||Better low light photography|
|Liquid Cooling System||No||Yes||Better sustained performance|
|Back design||3D dual curved back||3D dual curved glass back||Better hand feel|
|Fingerprint sensor||Back||Side-mounted||Better intuitive unlocking|