Image credit: realme.com/cn/
Weight: 202g / Height: 163.8mm / Width: 75.8mm / Thickness: 8.9mm
2020 January (China)
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = CNY2499
6GB RAM + 256GB storage = CNY2699
12GB RAM + 256GB storage = CNY2999
12GB RAM + 256GB storage = CNY3099
Dot pattern, Line pattern
6.57” LCD display, FHD+ 2400 x 1080, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.4% screen-to-body ratio
Back: 64MP (main, F1.8) +8MP (ultrawide, 119°, F2.3) + 12MP (telephoto, F2.3) + 2MP (macro, F2.4 )
Zoom: 20x hybrid zoom
Front: 16MP (main, F2.0) + 8MP (ultrawide, 105°, F2.2)
4200mAh, 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging
Processor: Snapdragon 765G / GPU: Adreno 620
realme UI (Android 10)
USB Type-C, Side mounted fingerprint sensor, NFC
ii. Features highlighted in the launch event
Realme has launched its first 5G phone, realme X50 today. And, here are some of the things realme highlighted about the phone in the launch event.
- The phone packs a 6.57-inch screen that has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.4% screen-to-body ratio and notably a 120Hz refresh rate. It’s also covered in a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which should keep the phone safe (to a point) from scratches.
- The realme X50 is powered by the Snapdragon 765G that comes with dual-mode 5G support. And, realme also confirmed that, the phone is able to support all the 5G frequency bands (n1, n41, n78 and n79) offered by the three major carriers in China.
- Like the Reno3 series launched 2 weeks ago, the realmeX50 also supports the Smart 5G technology which is able to switch between 4G and 5G connections intelligently according to different scenarios with the purpose of saving battery life, and the use of dual-band Wi-Fi and 5G connections at the same time to boost network speed.
- The phone has a 4200mAh battery that supports the enhanced 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging, which can take your phone from 0 to 70% in just 30 minutes.
- The realme X50 comes in three different specs: 8GB RAM + 128GB storage, 6GB RAM + 256GB storage, and 12GB RAM + 256GB storage.
c. Camera system
- For the first time, realme X50 offers dual front cameras which include a 16MP primary sensor and an 8MP ultrawide lens (105° field of view).
- And, this dual front-facing camera system supports the following video recording features: UIS Super Video Stabilization, AI Beautification and Portrait mode.
- Flipping the phone over, you’ll find four cameras placed vertically on the left side of the phone which includes a 64MP main camera, an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP macro and a 12MP telephoto. In terms of special features, realme mentioned that the rear camera system offers 20x hybrid zoom, the new Super Night mode 3.0 which comes with a new Tripod mode that offers 50secs exposure and the new Pro mode that offers nine adjustable parameters and RAW photo shooting.
- Other specs and features include a side mounted fingerprint scanner, dual frequency GPS, a 1216 super linear speaker (Dolby Atmos & Hi-Res Audio) and multi-functional NFC.
- Also announced was the Master Edition of the realme X50. For this iteration, it offers two different designs namely Dots and Lines.
iii. Q & A
1. How many card slots are there on the realme X50?
There are only two nano SIM card slots.
2. Does the realme X50 have a 3.5mm audio jack?
3. Does the realme X50 come with a screen protector installed?
Yes, the phone does pre-installed with a screen protector.
4. What’s the thickness of the side mounted fingerprint scanner (Power button) on the realme X50?
realme mentioned that it’s only 2.4mm “slim” in the launch event.
5. Which version of Android does the realme X50 come with?
The phone comes with Realme UI V1.0 (based on Android 10) out of the box in China.
6. Can we customize the refresh rate on the realme X50?
The default refresh rate is 90Hz, and yes, you can set it to either 60Hz or 120Hz also.
7. Does the realme X50 come with dual speakers?
No, the phone only come with one speaker.