Weight: (5G Edition) 218.5g / (4G Edition) 217.3g
Height: 167.44mm / Width: 76.14mm / Thickness: 9.4mm
8GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥5698
12GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥6198
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = ¥4998
“Bright Black”, “Bright Silver”
September 2019 (China)
Back: 64MP (f/1.8) + 13MP (Ultra wide angle, f/2.2), 120° Ultra Wide Angle/2.5cm Macro + 13MP (Telephoto, f/2.48), 2x optical & 20x digital zooms.
Front: 16MP (f/2.09)
6.89-inch E3 Super AMOLED *Waterfall FullView display, 99.6%, 2256 x 1080 resolution
*The bending angles on the left and right edges are closed to 90 degrees.
4500mAh, 44W vivo Super FlashCharge
Snapdragon 855 Plus
Funtouch OS 9.1 (based on Android 9)
NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, in-display fingerprint
Features highlighted in the launch event
- Phone signal, battery life, heat dissipation are the three major challenges in building 5G systems. Here’s how Vivo solve them on Nex 3:
- The phone uses 6-antenna design (having 6x 5G antennas on the device), Side Distributed Antenna system (laying out most of the 5G antennas on the top side of the phone) and gold-plated antennas to guarantee stable 5G signal quality.
- The phone offers a 4500mAh large battery, 44W vivo Super Flash charging and C-DRX power saving technology to provide reliable battery life.
- Vivo’s developed Vapor Chamber Cooling System can reduce the junction temperature of NEX 3 main chip by more than 10 degrees under the similar high power consumption, solving the heat dissipation challenge that brought by 5G high power consumption.
- Both NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G run on the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 Plus processor.
- With the UFS 3.0 storage, Turbo Write and HPB technology, the sequential reading speed of the flash memory chips can reach 1400MB/s, and the sequential writing speed will increase by 110% compared to UFS 2.1 which fulfil the higher read & write speed requirements of 5G.
- Combining the unique Multi-Turbo 2.0 and the ‘ART++ compilation acceleration engine’ can improve the core performance, operational efficiency and application fluency of NEX 3 by at least 20%.
- The Multi-Turbo 2.0 also brings us the Net Turbo network acceleration technology that can reduce the average game delay in a weak signal scenario by as much as 57%
- NEX 3 also supports SLA Smart Network Acceleration technology, which can monitor the stability of 5G and Wi-Fi connections in real-time, and correspondingly strengthen the connection and reduce delay.
- With the 5G & Wi-Fi intelligent network switching function, it can prevent your Internet connection from dropping.
- Other than the above, the phone also supports the Dual Wi-Fi feature to achieve greater transmission rate.
Does the NEX 3 come with a screen protector installed?
Vivo is shipping the NEX 3 with a specially customized screen protector on the waterfall display, meaning you don’t have to hunt for one externally.