Weight: (5G Edition) 218.5g / (4G Edition) 217.3g
Height: 167.44mm / Width: 76.14mm / Thickness: 9.4mm
8GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥5698
12GB RAM + 256GB storage = ¥6198
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = ¥4998
“Bright Black”, “Bright Silver”
September 2019 (China)
Back: 64MP (main, f/1.8) + 13MP (Ultra wide, 120°, f/2.2) + 13MP (Telephoto, f/2.48)
Zoom: 2x optical, 20x digital zooms.
Front: 16MP (f/2.09)
6.89″ Super AMOLED *Waterfall FullView display, 99.6% screen-to-body ratio, FHD+ 2256 x 1080 resolution
*The bending angles on the left and right edges are closed to 90°.
4500mAh, 44W Super FlashCharge
Snapdragon 855 Plus
Funtouch OS 9.1 (based on Android 9)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, in-display fingerprint, NFC
Features highlighted in the launch event
Phone signal, battery life and heat dissipation are the three major challenges in building 5G systems. Here’s how Vivo addresses them on the NEX 3:
- The phone uses the 6-antenna design (having 6x 5G antennas on the device), the Side Distributed Antenna system (laying out most of the 5G antennas on the top side of the phone) and gold-plated antennas to ensure stable 5G signal quality.
- The phone offers a 4500mAh large battery that supports 44W Super FlashCharge, and the C-DRX power saving technology to provide a reliable battery life.
- The Vapor Chamber Cooling System can reduce the junction temperature of the NEX 3’s main chip by more than 10 degrees under the similar high power consumption. Thus, solving the heat dissipation challenge brought by the 5G systems.
- Both the NEX 3 (4G edition) and NEX 3 5G are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset.
- With the UFS 3.0 storage, Turbo Write and HPB technology, the sequential reading speed of the storage can reach 1400MB/s. The sequential writing speed has also increased by 110% compared with UFS 2.1. Thus, fulfilling the higher read & write speed requirements of 5G.
- Combining the unique Multi-Turbo 2.0 and the ART++ compilation acceleration engine can improve the core performance, operational efficiency and application fluency of the NEX 3 by at least 20%.
- The Multi-Turbo 2.0 also brings us the Net Turbo network acceleration technology that can reduce the average game delay in a weak signal scenario by as much as 57%
- The NEX 3 also supports the 5G & Wi-Fi intelligent network switching function to prevent your Internet connection from dropping.
- Other than the above, the phone also supports the dual Wi-Fi connections to achieve greater transmission rate.
Does the NEX 3 come with a screen protector installed?
Vivo is shipping the NEX 3 with a specially customized screen protector on the waterfall display, meaning you don’t have to hunt for one externally.