Weight: 189g / Height: 160mm / Width: 74.3mm / Thickness: 9.5mm
8GB RAM + 128GB storage = ¥2999
8GB RAM + 256GB storage = ₹36,990
Luminous Black, Ocean Blue, Mist Pink
August 2019 (India)
September 2019 (China)
Back: 48MP (f/1.7) OIS + 8MP (116° Ultra wide angle, f/2/2) + 13MP (Telephoto, f/2.4) 5x hybrid & 20x digital zoom + 2MP (Mono, f/2.4)
Front: 16MP (f/2.2)
6.5-inch AMOLED Panoramic Screen, 2400 x 1080 resolutions, 93.1% screen-to-body ratio
4,000mAh, VOOC fast charging v3.0
Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
ColorOS 6.1 (based on Android 9.0 Pie)
NFC: Supported, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, UFS 2.1
Features highlighted during the launch
- There’s no sharp edges as chamfering is done all around the Oppo Reno 2, even on the charging port, speaker holes and the very small microphone hole to make the phone feel more comfortable to hold.
- The ports at the bottom of the phone (charging port, 3.5mm headphone jack and microphone ports ) are aligned too.
- The width of the cameras has been shortened as much as 1.5mm to give the phone a more delicate feel.
- It comes in 2 new colors: Luminous Black and Ocean Blue. And, the well received Mist Pink (some call it Sunset Pink) will also be available for this phone.
- The new panoramic screen offers more accurate colors, higher brightness and better eye protection.
- This model comes with a longer 6.5-inch screen with a 20:9 ratio, and the bottom bezel has reduced 4% to 3.35mm.
- The screen brightness has increased 16.2% to 500 nits. In a very bright environment, it can increase to 700 nits which makes the screen appears bright and readable in direct sunlight. And, it’s said to have a contrast ratio of 1400000:1.
- The screen also managed to reduce the harmful Blue Light by 37.5% and achieved the Full Care Display Certification by TÜV Rheinland.
- And, the new Light Sense Screen Fingerprint 3.0 has increased the unlock success rate by 4.3% and the unlock speed by 12.5%.
- The new Oppo Reno 2, is the first Oppo phone that features quad rear camera setup with a 48MP Ultra-clear main camera, 8MP ultra wide angle Lens, 13MP telephoto lens, and 2MP mono lens.
- The primary camera, which uses Sony IMX586, is equipped with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization).
- The 116° ultra wide angle lens also equipped with a closed-loop autofocus motor which allows you to take extremely close-up shots from 2.5 cm.
- The third telephoto lens works with the main and ultra-wide angle lens to achieve 5x hybrid optical zoom and 20x digital zoom.
- There’s a new Ultra Dark mode to capture clear images even in extreme low light conditions. This is possible because the phone is equipped with an independent NPU AI chip which can intelligently analyze the noise under different illuminations to complete faster and more accurate noise reduction, and produce brighter photos. The NPU also help to reduce the imaging time in the normal night mode by 50%, which means you can now take night mode photos in 2 to 2.5 seconds.
iv. Video recording
- The Oppo Reno 2 also includes Ultra Steady Video for super-stable video on the go. The phone is using the new HIS hybrid anti-shaking technology. And, through OIS, gyroscope and various aspects of software and hardware joint adjustment to achieve this.
- Oppo also introduced the “Video Wind Noise Reduction” feature. The phone is equipped with 3 microphones (top, middle and bottom), which can simultaneously record sound and collect ambient noise. Then, through the reverse noise reduction algorithm to offset the noise caused by the strong wind.
- The video recording also supports 5x hybrid and 20x digital zoom, sound focus and bokeh effect.
- The new video editor SOLOOP makes video editing and sharing easy.
v. ColorOS 6.1
- The 6.1 edition features Link Boost which includes the Dual Wi-Fi network acceleration function. With this, you can connect a 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks at the same time to improve the download speed significantly.
- Reno 2 has added the AKM AK4377a Hi-Fi chip, obtained the Hi-Res Audio certification and supports DOLBY ATMOS to offer high-quality audio and visual experiences.
- Also added are Touch Boost 2.0 and Frame Boost 2.0. Touch Boost 2.0 increases the touch response by 16.8%, and the later improves the frame rate stability by 16.2% and overall smoothness when gaming.
- Reno 2 also included the copper tube liquid cooling found on the 10x Zoom model, and the graphite heat dissipation area is increased by 29% and therefore the heat dissipation efficiency becomes higher.
- Reno 2 comes with a bigger 4000mAh battery which improves the battery life by 7.6% compared to Reno.
- The event ended with a teaser hinting that Reno Ace will launch in October.
– Q & A
Does Oppo Reno 2 have infrared and NFC?
Oppo Reno 2 only has NFC. There isn’t a built-in IR Blaster on this phone.