If for some reason your computer doesn’t detect your Xiaomi phone via the USB cable connection and you have no idea what FTP means and does, you can try ShareIt.
ShareIt is a file sharing application that is available in various platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and etc. You can transfer files via the Wi-Fi connection (it means faster speed) between any two devices that run ShareIt.
Here are the general steps to transfer files from your Xiaomi phone to your computer using ShareIt.
- Make sure both your phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Xiaomi phone, download ShareIt from the Google Play store.
- On your computer, download and install ShareIt from this site. . When finish installing, open it to see a QR code which your phone needs to scan it later.
- Start the ShareIt app on your phone, and complete the initial setup such as creating a nickname.
- Tap Send.
- Select the files, photos, videos and songs that you want to send, and then tap Send to move to the next screen.
- Tap Connect PC.
- Tap Scan to Connect.
- Now, using your phone to scan the QR code on your PC to establish the connection and start transferring the files automatically.
Have you used ShareIt before? Share your experiences in the comments.