There’s a font that I like very much, and I have the .tff font file on my computer. Can I use this custom font on my Huawei Honor 8?
The good news is that you can use the .tff font file on your Honor 8. Here’s how:
- Download a 3rd party theme(Pixel.hwt is used for this tutorial) from the Honor community site or any where from the Internet. Note: The Huawei EMUI theme files come with the .hwt extension.
- Open the Files app, and then change the theme file extension from .hwt to zip.
- After changing the extension, you can then extract the compressed theme file.
- You should see a Fonts folder in the extracted theme folder. In the Fonts folder, there’s a .ttf font file for this theme. Note: You must download a theme that has the Fonts folder.
- Rename the font file that you want with the same name as the existing one, and then transfer it to the Fonts folder and overwrite the existing one.
- Once you’re done, compress all the folders and files into a zip file.
- Change the extension of the new zip file to .hwt.
- Next, transfer the new .hwt file to the HWThemes folder.
- Open the Themes app, go to the Me tab, select and apply the new theme.
- Your phone should be using the custom font.
- For the above steps to work, you must download a 3rd party theme that has the Fonts folder in step 1.
- Your phone will continue to use this font if you switch to another theme that doesn’t offer a custom font.
- The above steps were tested on a Honor 8 running EMUI 4.1