I would like to change an app’s icon on my Galaxy S7 Edge, and I was told that I can use Icon Changer to do it. Can you show me how does it work on my phone?
Actually, Icon Changer doesn’t change the default app icons. It lets you create app or activity shortcuts using the picture files or icon packs on your Home screen.
Here’s an example of how I use Icon Changer to create a personalized shortcut for the Email app.
- Download Icon Changer from the Google Play store.
- Open Icon Changer, and go to the Application tab.
- Tap Email. (Note: I’m using the Email app here as an example for this tutorial)
- Tap Change.
- Choose an option from where you want to get the (new) icon: the Gallery app or Icon Packs. For this tutorial, I’ll choose Icon packs to get the email icon from the Shimu icon pack which I’ve downloaded to my phone before this.
- Once done, the new Email icon(shortcut) will be added to your Home screen.