To transfer contacts from your phone storage or Xiaomi account to your Google Contacts, follow these steps:
i. Export contacts into a .vcf file
Note: Before you begin, make sure that your phone isn’t signed in to your Google account. This is because when exporting contacts into a .vcf file, the MIUI system will include all the contacts that appear in the Contacts app.
- From your Xiaomi phone’s Settings, tap System apps > Contacts > Import/Export contacts.
- Select Export to storage.
- On the Export contacts prompt, tap OK. Note: Take note of the filename and the destination folder.
- When the export finishes, transfer the .vcf file to your computer using the USB data cable.
ii. Import the .vcf file to Google Contacts
- Using your computer’s browser, sign in to your Google Contacts.
- Click More > Import.
- On the Import contacts window, click Choose File to select the .vcf file (generated in Part i), and then tap Import.
- When the import completes, you should see the new contacts in My Contacts. And, Google Contacts will create a group with the name in “Imported MM/DD/YYYY” format automatically.
- If you don’t need this particular group, you can delete it. Click to select the group, then go to More > Delete group.