Every time, I open the Youtube app, I see a list of recommended channels and videos that I don’t want. How do I disable these recommendations?
Here are the findings on Youtube version 10.43.60:
- While clearing watch and search history, and pausing watch and search history are a good way to stop Youtube from recommending videos based on your viewing habits, it doesn’t remove any recommendations on the homepage.
- Disabling the Recommended videos option in Settings > Notifications doesn’t solve the problem.
- Signing out doesn’t help either. By signing out your Google account, you’ll probably see a new list of recommendations.
- After exploring all the possible options with no positive results, I decided to tap Not Interested for each recommendation manually to clear the list. This manual way does help in certain extend. But, you’ll see one or two recommendations pop-up once in a while. Again, you can tell Youtube you’re not interested in these new recommendations.
- After doing Step 4, I see no video/channel recommendations on the Youtube homepage most of the time.
If you know of a better way to remove the video recommendations from the Youtube app, share it in the comments.