My Nexus phone is running Google Now launcher. Can I download icon packs from the Google Plays store and use them?
By default, you can’t.
With the Awesome icons app, you can replace the default icons with any icons from the installed icon packs on your Home screen.
Here’s one way on how to do that:
- Install Awesome icons from the Google Play store.
- Install the icon packs.
- Open the Awesome icons app.
- On the Quick start screen, you’ll see a list of the installed apps, and their alternate icons.
- Tap the alternate icon that you want.
- On the Create shortcut screen, tap OK. The Awesome Icons app will then create a shortcut with the alternate icon on the Home screen.
- Next, you can simply remove the default icon and use the new icon to access that particular app.
- Repeat Step 5 to 7 for the rest of the icons that you want to change