How about getting a meal delivered to your door without even speaking to anyone?
Now, you can do it with Foodpanda. Just go to their website, make a few clicks and one hour later your meal is at your door.
Don’t you love living in the Internet age?
I had my first order with Foodpanda recently; the whole process was quick and easy. Even though, it involved entering my particulars and confirming my mobile number for my first order.
So if you’re planning to stay back at the office and wishing a delicious magical turns up at your office’s door, here’s the process.
How to make an order in foodpanda?
- Go to foodpanda website, http://www.foodpanda.my
- Enter your area in the Enter Area text box and click Search Now!
- Now you will see a list of restaurants that serve your area.
- Now you can start doing some filtering, I will do the following to get a restaurant that offers discount and with no minimum order.
- Tick WITH DISCOUNT ONLY checkbox.
- Slide the Min. Order Value to RM0
Note: There are other filters such as budget and cuisine.
- Choose a restaurant from the filtered list and click VIEW MENU to access the restaurant’s menu.
- Go through the menu and click the + sign for the dishes you wish to order.
- Once you’ve completed the selection, enter the discount code and click add voucher, follow by clicking ORDER NOW. Just do a Google search if you don’t have a voucher code.
- If this is your first time, you probably don’t have a login username and password. Therefore, you’ll need to fill in the registration form, accept the terms and conditions, and click Place Order Now.
- Then the system will send you a 4-digit code on your mobile number for verification. Enter the code here and click Confirm Mobile Number. (I think this step is only required from for 1st time buyers)
- You’re part are done. A SMS will send to your mobile as soon as the restaurant confirmed the order.
- At the same time, you should receive 2 emails in your inbox. One is for your login email and password, another one is the order confirmation.
My order did arrive sooner than an hour and the packaging was quite satisfactory. And here’s the photo.
While I was enjoying my meal, I did receive a call from foodpanda to confirm that I’ve received my fish and chips. If not, I guess they’ll probably do something about it.
My review on foodpanda, the goods and the bads?
What attracts me to try out foodpanda instead other online food delivery services is that it offers free delivery service, no minimum order and special discount for selected restaurants.
Yeah, how I wish all restaurants come with the above offers !
While my 1st experience with them was flawless, but the restaurants listed on the system are still limited. At the time of writing this, it has 7 restaurants serving PJ area. And after filtering the list with discount and no minimum order, I’ve only got one restaurant left in the list.
Given that Malaysians are spoiled with a wealth of food options, the numbers above are definitely considered very limited.
But having said that, I have no doubt that more restaurants will jump on the online food ordering bandwagon with foodpanda, just by looking at the things they’ve done and the amount of publicity they’ve received since founded in February this year.
Yes, I’m waiting to order my favourite satay online.