Somehow, I have enabled the reminder feature for SMS. Everytime I get a sms, and if I don’t check it then, it keeps me notifying (ringtones/vibrations) till the time I check that SMS. Can anyone please tell me how can we stop this?
On your Xiaomi phone, you can set how many times you want to repeat the text message alerts when there’s an unread text notification on the lock screen. Each alert is played in 5 minutes interval with the condition that the screen must be off
To turn on/off repeat message notifications:
i. MIUI V5
- Open the Messaging app.
- Tap the Menu button > Settings > Sound
- Select either 1x, 2x, 3x, 5x, or 10x. Note: If you do not want repeat message alerts select 1x.
ii. MIUI 6
- On the MIUI 6 phone’s Settings, tap Messaging.
- Tap Number of rings/notifications.
- Select either 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, 5 times, or 10 times. Note: If you do not want repeat message alerts select 1 times.