First thing first, speed dial on Android 5.0 isn’t the standard speed dial that allows users to call a contact by pressing a reduced number of keys.
The Speed dial tab on the Phone app is a place that consists of your favorite and frequently called contacts arranged in a tile-format. You can quickly call these contacts by simply tapping on the tiles.
i. To add a contact to the Speed dial tab manually
- On your device, open the Phone app.
- Tap Contacts.
- Find and tap the contact you want to make as a favorite.
- Tap .
- By now, the contact should appear in your Speed dial tab.
Note: If you’ve less than 20 favorite contacts, the Speed dial tab will be filled with some of your frequently called numbers automatically.
ii. To delete a contact from the Speed dial tab
- Tap and drag the contact you want to remove to X Remove.
iii. To call a contact from the Speed dial tab
- Tap the tile of the contact you want to call, and your phone will automatically dial the default number.
iv. To change the default number of a contact
- In the Speed dial tab, tap on the contact you want to edit.
- Long tap the number you want to set as a default, and then hit Set default.
Do you the speed dial feature on your Android 5.0 device ? Let us know in the comments below.