TaxiMonger, founded by Nizran Noordin in February this year, is a website which offers you a new way to book a taxi and review it online.
If you would like to get a taxi without even talking through the phone, this is the service for you.
Using TaxiMonger is a relatively simple process. I managed to make my first booking last week in less than 5 minutes.
And I would like to share the step-by-step process with you below.
Booking a Taxi on TaxiMonger
- To use the service, you’re first required to sign up to the website. And then login using the created username and password.
- If this is your first-time login, you will have 0 credits and prompted with a warning message.
To buy credits, you can either click the deposit link or go to [Your Profile] > Make a Deposit.
* Credits are needed because each successful booking is charged RM2 on TaxiMonger. By the way, it’s the same amount you get charged calling an operator.
- On the Deposit page, choose the amount you wish to buy and click the Pay with iPay88.
Since the system is integrated with iPay88, you can do the payment using your local bank online accounts.
- Once done, go back to Booking a Taxi page and start putting down the details to book a taxi.
- Click the Book Now! button to conclude your request.
As soon as you click the button, the system will dispatch your order to all registered taxis. And once a taxi picks up the order, the My Bookings page will get updated with the taxi number, driver’s mobile number and a confirmation number.
At the same time, a confirmation email is sent to your mailbox.
Alright, isn’t this easy?
From my experience, I’ve waited about 15 minutes to get the confirmation.
The taxi came on time, and the driver is friendly and professional, which I have expected after reading the reviews as soon as I was assigned a taxi.
Other than website, TaxiMonger has also released an Android app, and according to the founder, the iPhone version could be out in end of June.
While the booking is effortless, I would say. But I do wonder how using TaxiMonger could make my every taxi ride a pleasant one. I’m sure everyone wants the same thing here.
Will the badly rated taxis get kicked out of the system? Or can I request for a new taxi upon knowing I get assigned a badly rated one?
I don’t know the answer; but I’ll continue to use TaxiMonger to find out more about its service.
Have you use TaxiMonger to book a taxi before? What do you think of this service?