The easiest and simplest way to transfer your contacts from your old Samsung phone to your Xiaomi phone is using Bluetooth.
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Contacts app.
- Tap the Menu button > Import/export > Import from another phone
- On the Choose a brand screen, tap Samsung.
- Choose a model. If you can’t get your Samsung model here, just tap any one to give it a try.
- Now, you can turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung phone and make it visible to nearby devices.
- On your Xiaomi phone, tap Next on the Transfer Contacts screen.
- On the Choose a phone screen, select your Samsung phone.
- When you see the Bluetooth pairing request prompts on both phones, tap Pair/OK.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to allow access to the contact and call history on your Samsung phone, tap Yes.
- On your Xiaomi phone, choose the account you want to save the contacts, then hit OK.
- The transfer process will start.
Note: The steps above tested using a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.