With the built-in call recording feature, you can record calls manually and automatically.
i. Record a call manually
- While you’re talking on the phone, you can tap to bring up the call control panel.
- Tap Record to start the call recording.
- Tap the same button to stop the recording.
- When it stops, you should see the Call recorded notification. Tap it to get to the Recordings screen that lists all the recordings sorted from latest to earliest.
- Tap a filename to play it.
ii. Record a call automatically
- On your Mi 3, find and launch the Phone app.
- Tap the Menu button > Settings > Record settings
- Slide the Record automatically switch to the right.
- Now, you can select to record calls for all numbers or specific numbers using the Custom list option.
Note: The steps here were written for MIUI V5, based on Android 4.3 on a Mi 3 (MI 3W). If you’re having a different model of Mi 3 or other version of MIUI/Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.