You’ve seen those QR codes popping up everywhere and wondering how to read them using your Xperia Z1.
Here’s how :
- On your phone, find and launch the Camera app.
- Select the Info-eye mode.
- Aim the camera lens at the QR code and tap the Camera button to take a photo.
- Now, it takes a few seconds to analyze the photo (QR code). When it completes, a card will pop-up from the bottom of the screen to show you the QR code details.
- What you do next is dependent on the type of information retrieved from the QR code. If it’s a contact information, you can save it to Contacts. If it’s a URL, you can tap the card to open the site with the Chrome browser.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.4.2 on a Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903). If you’re having a different model of Xperia Z1 or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.