In the previous post, I’ve shown you how to export contacts from iPhone to your new Galaxy Note 3.
In this post, let me show you how to make use of the Samsung Smart Switch (Free) to transfer items more than just the contacts. Yes, it helps you to transfer messages, pictures, music, alarms, wallpaper, calendar, memos, videos, call logs and more.
- Using iTunes, do a normal backup for your iPhone.
- Download the Smart Switch .exe file onto your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 to the PC, and then launch the Smart Switch program. Note: You can’t run both Samsung Kies and Smart Switch program at the same time. So if you’ve Kies running, shut it down first.
- On the Select Backup Data screen, you can see that Smart Switch is able to discover your iPhone’s backup automatically. Otherwise, you can click the Select folder button to choose the appropriate folder. Once you’ve chosen the right backup data, click Next to continue. Note: iTunes backups by default are saved in the following path C:\Users\usersname\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- On the Select Content To Transfer screen, you can select the items that you would like to transfer, and then click Start transfer.
- Once done, click Exit.
- All contacts transferred are stored on the phone instead of the Google Contacts.
- The Smart Switch can be used to transfer Blackberry and Nokia Symbian backups. Content can also be migrated from other Samsung phones like the Galaxy S II, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S IV, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note II
- The Smart Switch can be used without the installation of Samsung Kies.
- You can transfer the content using the above method even before you’ve completed the initial setup.
- The steps above are tested using the following devices: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) Android 4.3, iTunes 220.127.116.11 and iPhone with iOS 7.
* Last updated byat .