When there’s a new software update available, the update notification icon appears in the status bar.
(Please note: To avoid downloading a huge update using mobile data connection, go to Settings > About > Software updates > and check Update over Wi-Fi only.)
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the system update notification.
- On the System update prompt, you can read about the enhancements and bug fixes of this update, and then tap either Later or Download to continue.
- If Later is selected, you’ll get a prompt to pick the time for the next reminder.
- If Download is selected, the new firmware will begin downloading immediately.
- Once the download completes, tap the System update is ready notification to start the installation.
- Ensure the Install now option is selected and then tap OK.
- Once the installation completes, the phone will reload. Next, you should see a “Congratulations !” prompt.
* Last updated byat .