Losing your Galaxy S4 can be a disaster as there’s potential that your highly personal data will fall into the wrong hands. That’s why Samsung offers the SamsungDive (also known as Find My Mobile) service which lets you track your lost phone and initiate control remotely to perform certain functions such as factory reset.
But in order to use this service, you’ll first need to set it up on your Galaxy S4.
- On your Galaxy S4, go to home Settings > More > Security > Remote controls.
- On the Remote controls screen, tap the + sign next to Add account.
- Now, you can either sign-in or create a new Samsung account.
- Once you’re done, ensure the Remote controls is switched on, and the Use wireless networks option is checked
- Next, you can login to samsungdive.com using your PC web browser.
- The site will first check if your phone is online or offline. In order for your phone to appear online, you need to have either mobile data or Wi-Fi turned on.
Once SamsungDive has successfully detected your phone is online, you can execute any of the following functions :
a. Locate my mobile
On this page, you can either click Locate my mobile to show your phone’s whereabouts on the map or click Start Tracking to track your phone movement at 15-minute intervals for 12 hours.
b. Lock my mobile
You can initiate to lock your phone remotely with a new PIN and display a customizable warning message. While the phone is locked, you can set a number which it can call.
This is what you’ll see on Galaxy S4
c. Ring my mobile
Ring your lost phone for 1 minute with the highest volume and display a customizable message on the screen.
d. Call / Message forwarding
You can forward both received calls and messages to a different number. Note: video calls are not forwarded.
e. Call logs
Click Retrieve call logs to get the call logs of last 7 days.
f. Wipe my mobile
Using the Wipe function, you can delete the data on a removable storage (e.g. external memory and SIM cards) and on your mobile. To do that, select the appropriate option, agree with the terms and conditions, enter the password and click Wipe.
g. Unlock my mobile
Click the Unlock button to unlock your phone and reset the lock screen security to Swipe
* Last updated byat .