Have you ever seen an app advertisement in your Galaxy S4’s notification bar ? And have you ever wonder which app actually generates this ?
While Google is starting to crack down on apps that abuse notifications, but many apps still use them.
Therefore, if you happen to come across an app that constantly generates pesky ads, kindly follow the steps below to disable them.
- When you see a push advertisement appear on the notification bar, you can drag the bar down.
- Tap and hold the notice until the App info box appears.
- Tap the App info box. You should see the “culprit” that generates this push notification.
- Now, uncheck Show notifications to “mute” this app.
Using AppBrain Ad Detector
If you suspect there could be more apps on your phone that posses this spammy behavior, try using the AppBrain Ad Detector app to confirm your suspicion.
- Install AppBrain Ad Detector from Google Play.
- Launch the AppBrain Ad Detector and then tap Show concerns on the main screen.
- Tap the Push Ads option to see the list of apps that detected to generate the unwelcomed ads.
- Next, you can tap on one of the apps to see more details.
- Here, you can tap the Settings icon to get to the App info screen, or X sign to uninstall the app.
* Last updated byat .