Ready to take your Samsung Galaxy S4 experience to the next level ? Here are the few customization tips that will help you to get started with personalizing your S4.
a. Change the display language
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Language and input > Language.
- Select the language that you prefer.
b. Add additional input languages
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Language and input, and then tap the Settings icon next to Samsung keyboard.
- Tap Input Languages and select the language checkboxes that you would like.
- Once this is done, you can long tap and slide left/right on the spacebar of the virtual keyboard to switch languages.
c. Change ringtones
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Sound > Ringtones and select the ringtone that you wish to use.
- How to use custom ringtones and notifications on Galaxy S4 ?
- How to Assign Different Ringtones for Each Contact or Group on Galaxy S4 ?
d. Change notification tones
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Sound > Notifications and select the tone that you like.
Note: Some apps do come with their own notification settings.
c. Turn on/off the touch tone, dialing keypad tone, screen lock sound and haptic feedback
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Sound. Under System, you can select the features that you would like to turn on.
d. Adjust the phone volumes
There are 2 ways to adjust the device volumes:
- Press the volume key, located on the left side of your phone, up or down. You will see the volume slider appears on the screen. Tap the Settings icon and drag the sliders to adjust the volume level for each sound.
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Sound > Volume and drag the sliders to adjust the volume level for each sound.
e. Change the wallpaper for home and lock screens
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Display > Wallpaper.
- On the Wallpaper screen, you can select either Home screen, Local Screen or Home and lock screens.
- Next, you can decide where to get the image from:
- Gallery – all pictures you’ve taken using the built-in camera.
- Live wallpapers – animated background pictures.
- Wallpapers – still background image.
f. Change the display font type and size
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Display and set the values for Font style and Font size accordingly.
g. Lock your device
There are various methods to protect your Galaxy S4 from unauthorized access such as PIN or Password. Yes, this includes the face and voice recognition to unlock.
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Lock screen > Screen lock.
- Select the method you prefer.
h. Change lock screen effect
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Screen lock > Screen lock > Unlock effect.
- Select either None, Ripple effect or Light effect.
i. Change the screen timeout
You can set the length of inactivity time before turning off the device screen.
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Display > Screen timeout.
- Select the duration that you prefer.
j. To prevent the screen from turning off while you are looking at the screen
The device can detect your face when you’re looking at the screen with its front camera. With Smart Stay enabled, the screen will not timeout and turn off.
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Smart Screen >
- Check the Smart stay checkbox.
Note: Do explore other smart features such as Smart rotation, Smart pause, Smart scroll.
k.To turn off screen during call
To prevent accidental inputs, turn on the proximity sensor to off the touch screen when it detects the phone is near your face. No more worries of your face touching the call end button.
- On your phone, go to home Settings > My device > Call
- Select the Turn of screen during calls checkbox.
l. Add or remove a panel from the home screen
By default, the device comes with 5 home screen panels. But, you can easily add more panels or delete those unnecessary ones.
- To edit, you can place two fingers on any panel and pinch them together to switch to Edit mode.
- To remove, tap and hold the panel’s thumbnail, and then drag it to the dustbin.
- To add, tap on the + sign.
* Last updated byat .