Instead of using the provided USB data cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S3/Note 2 to the personal computer (PC), you can actually do it using the WiFi connection.
So, if you’re having a problem of connecting your phone to Kies via the USB port, why not try the alternate method, Kies via WiFi below ?
To set up Kies via WiFi:
Read the following prerequisites before you begin the steps below:
- Connect both your PC and phone to the home WiFi.
- Ensure Kies Tray Agent program is running on your PC. On your Windows 8, press CTRL + ALT + Delete, and select Task Manager > Details. Verify that you can see KiesTrayAgent.exe is running. If you’re not sure whether KiesTrayAgent.exe is running, kindly restart your PC and try again.
a. Prepare your PC for Kies via WiFi
i. Turn on network discovery on PC:
- On your Windows 8 Control Panel, go to Network and Internet > Network Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing.
- Depending on your own setup, ensure the WiFi network, either Private or Public, that you’re connected to, has the Turn on network discovery selected.
ii. Disable Internet sharing.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click Change adapter settings.
- Right click on the Wi-Fi adapter, and then select Properties.
- On the WiFi Properties window, click Sharing.
- Make sure the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection checkbox is NOT selected.
ii. Windows Firewall Exception Settings.
- On your Windows 8 Control Panel, go to System and Security > Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings and then scroll down to Wireless Portable Devices. Depending on your own setup, tick the Private or/and Public checkboxes to allow this app to communicate through your PC Windows firewall. Click OK to exit.
iii. Check Windows Services.
- On your Windows 8 Control Panel, go to System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Verify that the SSDP Discovery and uPnP Device Host services are running. If not, right click on those particular services and select Start.
- Next, verify that the Internet Connection Sharing service is NOT running.
b. Connect Samsung Galaxy S3/ Note 2 to Kies via WiFi
- On your Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note 2, go to home Settings > More settings and tap Kies via Wi-Fi.
- Tap OK if you’re prompted a warning message.
- On the Kies via Wi-Fi screen, tap Scan devices.
- If you’ve completed the steps above, your phone should be able to discover the PC. Tap the PC name to initiate the connection.
- Now, on your phone, you should see a prompt with a four-digit passkey. Enter the same number into the prompt you see on your PC.
- That’s it. Just wait for them to get connected.
* Last updated byat .