If you’ve been using iPhone, it’s very likely you have most of the things including contacts being backed up in iCloud.
In that case, you can export the same set of contacts from iCloud to your Gmail contacts, and then follow by getting them on to your Galaxy S3.
In summary, here are the steps involved, and the walkthroughs for each of these steps are available further down the page.
- Export iPhone contacts to a vCard file on iCloud.
- Import the vCard file to Google Contacts.
- Sign in your Samsung Galaxy S3 using your Gmail account.
i. Export iPhone contacts to a vCard file on iCloud.
- Go to icloud.com and sign in using your apple ID.
- Select Contacts.
- Click the settings icon at the lower left corner, and then select Select All.
- Click the same settings icon again, and then select Export vCard. A .vrf file will be generated.
ii. Import the vCard file to Google Contacts.
- Go to Google Contacts and sign in using your Gmail ID.
- Go to More > Import.
- Click Browse to select the vCard file that was generated in Part i and then click Import.
- In less than a minute, you should see all the contacts imported to My contacts and at the same time to an auto created [Imported + DD/MM/YYYY] group.
- For housekeeping purpose, it’s ok to delete [Imported + DD/MM/YYYY] group. Click on the group name, go More > Delete Group.
- Click OK to confirm you would like to delete the group.
- While the [Imported + DD/MM/YYYY] group has been deleted, you should still see all the contacts remain in My Contacts.
ii. Sign in your Samsung Galaxy S3 using your Gmail account.
When you turn on your Galaxy S3 for the first time, you’ll be prompted to complete the initial setup which includes signing in with your Gmail ID.
Well, if you’ve skipped that sign in, below are the steps to show you how to get the Gmail sign-in screen.
- On your Galaxy S3, go to home Settings > Add account.
- On the Add account screen, tap Google.
- Next, tap Existing.
- On the Sign in screen, enter your Gmail, password and then tap the next icon.
- Once you’ve entered the username and password correctly, continue with the on screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once completed, the contacts of the Gmail account should appear on your Galaxy S3.
* Last updated byat .