In Samsung Galaxy S3, a photo album in the Gallery app is actually a folder that contains image files.
When you launch the Gallery, it will scan your phone storages for all the folders that contain the image files and show them in the app.
There are times when you may want to copy an image from one album to another album, but you don’t want to use the PC. To do this, you can make use of the My Files application to move the image from one folder to another folder.
- On your phone, launch the My Files application.
- Select the storage area and go to the folder that contains the picture you would like to move. For this tutorial, I’m going to move a picture from DCIM/Camera/.
- In the DCIM/Camera/ folder, tap and hold the picture to get the pop-up menu. On the menu, select Move.
- Now you have to go the destination folder and tap the Move here option on the upper right corner. For this tutorial, I’m moving the picture to a newly created vacation folder.
- Launch the Gallery app, you should see the vacation album with the picture.
* Moving files around folders can also be done using other file manager apps.
(Find a list of tips and tricks for Samsung Galaxy S3 and Android.)
* Last updated byat .