Your Xiaomi phone is stuck in Child mode because you’ve forgotten the Privacy Protection password.
Here’s a way to enter the device’s Settings from Child mode (Yes, without using the Privacy Protection password) that I’ve learnt from the MIUI forum. In the device’s Settings, you can make sure your data is synced to Mi Cloud and do a backup before resetting your phone.
Note: This method only works if you have an app in Child mode that’s able to share to Gmail. The following tutorial will be using the Gallery app as an example. You can use other app that is sharable to Gmail to achieve the same thing.
- In Child mode, open the Gallery app.
- Select a photo and share to Gmail.
- In the Gmail compose screen, tap the 3-dot Menu button > Settings.
- On the Gmail settings screen, tap the 3-dot Menu button > Manage accounts.
- When you see the prompt below, tap Continue.
- Now that you’re in the device’ Settings, you can make sure your data is synced to Mi Cloud or do a backup to Mi Cloud. Tip: You can also connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable to transfer all your photos, files and docs as a backup.
- Lastly, go to the device’s Settings > Additional settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Tip: If you didn’t turn on the Erase content switch, your photos, songs and files should remain in the phone storage after reset.
* Last updated byat .