Turn on Find Device
In order for Find Device to work, you’ll need to do the following:
- Sign in your Xiaomi account on your phone.
- Make sure there’s an Internet connection using either Wi-Fi or mobile data on your phone.
- Make sure the Find device option is enabled in the Mi Cloud settings on your phone.
Note: If your phone is offline, Find Device won’t be able to control the phone remotely until there’s a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection.
Once the Mi Cloud detects your phone online, you can locate, ring, lock and erase your phone remotely.
i. Find Device
- Go to the Mi Cloud website and login using your Xiaomi ID.
- On the Mi Cloud homepage, make sure your phone appears Online, then click Find Device.
- Next, you should see the phone’s approximate location on Google Maps.
- Optionally, you can click Baidu at the top left corner for Baidu map.
ii. Ring your device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Alarm button.
- On the Play Alarm prompt, click Play alarm.
- The phone will play the default alarm sound at the highest volume until you manually disable it on the phone.
ii. Lock you device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Lock button.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to lock your phone, then hit Lock.
- On your phone, enter the 4-digit PIN you have set in Step 2 to unlock the phone. Upon successfully unlocking, the screen lock security will be set to None.
iii. Factory reset your device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Wipe button.
- On the Erase data dialog box, click Erase data. When you’re prompted for a confirmation, click Delete. Note: This process will delete all the data from both the phone and external SDcard storages.
Note: If you have your Redmi associated with a Google account, you can also use Android Device Manager to track and remote control the phone.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
* Last updated byat .